Proper care and maintenance of your extended lashes will ensure longevity of your longer, fuller, darker, and more lifted lashes.
Basic makeup application and normal lifestyle routine can resume immediately after your eyelash extension application. To facilitate a more flexible, longer-lasting bond, and to minimize potential irritation or adverse reactions.
Use of Non-Xtreme Lashes cosmetics and skincare products that come in contact with extended eyelashes. Use code: XLLashAficionado for 20% discount on all aftercare products.
AVOID FIRST 3 HOURS AFTER LASH SERVICE
- AVOID 3 HRS: Exposure to excessive perspiration, water or humidity from activities such as showering, swimming, hot yoga, exercise, sauna, etc.
- AVOID 3 HRS: Tanning (outside, tanning bed, airbrush or spray tanning)
- AVOID 3 HRS: Contact lens insertion
- AVOID 3 HRS: Use of Non-Xtreme Lashes cosmetics and skincare products that come in contact with your extended eyelashes
- AVOID 3 HRS: Squinting eyes when blocking the sun from the eyes or sneezing. What this does is causes the eyes to squeeze together resulting in the adhesive that may still be softer (not fully cured) to cause some extensions to stick together.
- AVOID ALWAYS: products that contain strong polar solvents such as glycols, PEG, parabens, Propylene Glycol, and oils derived from plants (olive oil, avocado oil, coconut oil, Moroccan oil, etc.)
- AVOID ALWAYS: Use of waterproof cosmetics on or near extended eyelashes, such as waterproof mascara and waterproof eyeliner
- AVOID ALWAYS: Subjecting your extended lashes to friction -rubbing against reading glasses and sun glasses.
- AVOID ALWAYS: Eyelash tinting or perming extended lashes – perm or tint natural lashes prior to receiving eyelash extensions
- AVOID ALWAYS: Excessive application of heavy moisturizers, lotions, or facial oils that come in contact with your extended lashes
- AVOID ALWAYS: Mechanical or heated lash curler -if you want curlier lashes then we can change the lash curl during fills
- CAUTION: Intense heat such as hair dryers, ovens, BBQ’s, lighters, and tanning beds.
- CAUTION: Sauna, hot yoga, steam room, facials and very hot showers.
THIS ALWAYS CAUSES PREMATURE EXTENSION LOSS
- NO: Picking, rubbing, playing or touching -avoid touching
- NO: Makeup wipes -emollients deposits into lashes leaving behind product that breaks down the adhesive and buildup is a petrie dish for bacteria to grow.
- NO: Face masks and sleeping on your face -cause the bond of adhesive to break.
- NO: Using cotton products around the eyes such as cotton balls and Q-tips. The lint from the cotton will get caught. The result is when clients try to remove the lint the adhesive begins to loosen from the lashes. This can cause premature extension loss. Not immediately, but over a few days.